Thursday, March 2, 2017

Butterfly Project

View 1
When a new child comes
Everything seems strange to him.
What, on the ground I have to lie?
Eat black potatoes? No! Not I!
I've got to stay? It's dirty here?
The floor - why, look, it's dirt, I fear!
Am I supposed to sleep on it?
I'll get all dirty!

Here the sound of shouting, cries.
And oh, so many flies.
Everyone knows flies carry disease.
Oooh, something bit me! Wasn't that a bed bug?
Here in Terezin, life is hell.
And when I'll go home again. I can't yet tell.






View 2


3 comments:

  1. Andrew, you're buttery was very representative of the poem. Some details that I had found interesting were how you had made the butterfly itself that it wasn't just one but many butterflies to represent the Jew’s that were sent to Terezin. Another thing I had found symbolic of your poem was the fact that you compared moving to a new house in another neighborhood to when a new kid arrived at Terezin, I see how in both cases the person might be afraid or might feel as if they do not belong there, but in Terezin the children didn’t like where they were staying even after they got used to it and in a home you eventually start liking it. The final feature about your project that was representing was all the small quotes with explanations you had written on the butterflies, those had really help me grasp the feelings of the child that had written the poem. Overall I thought you had done a good job on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterfly looks well done but looks a bit rushed. Don't get me wrong, the way you designed the butterfly but it doesn't look like it wold fit well with the poem. The tabs show great information and interesting things about your poem but doesn't fit with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree with Jesse. It does look a bit rushed although I agree with Mario also. The detail that you added that it wasn't just one but many. It is very thought out. It may not fit the poem but it fits the entire event and that is just as good.

    ReplyDelete